Elder Law & Medicaid Planning
Many of our clients are seeking to protect their assets from the cost of long-term care (most often, nursing home costs). Our attorneys work with families to custom design a plan to protect assets that is suitable to their lifestyle. Specifically, we provide the following services:
- Assist in applying for and obtaining eligibility in Community and Long-Term Care government assistance programs, including Medicaid (“MassHealth”). MassHealth is a joint federal and state public benefits program which has a complex set of eligibility rules.
- Advise clients regarding Social Security, Social Security Disability and other public and private retirement benefits.
- Prepare necessary documents, such as Last Wills and Testaments with Testamentary Trusts, Irrevocable Trusts, Durable Powers of Attorney, Health Care Proxies, and other healthcare documents.
- Assist in obtaining substitute authority for incapacitated persons via guardianship, conservatorship and provide continuing assistance to guardians and conservators once appointed.
- Advise and assist in applying for, obtaining and maintaining public disability benefits.
- Represent clients in disputes involving MassHealth.
To speak with one of our knowledgeable and experienced long-term care and disability planning attorneys, please click here.
Dad always wanted to provide for us. Growing old with dignity and leaving a legacy were the two most important things to him.
After mom passed away, Dad moved in with us. But when the stairs became too much, we all realized that an assisted living facility was the best and safest place for him to live with the independence and dignity that he had always wanted.
Thanks to attorneys at Cody, Cody & McCarthy, we were able to provide both the care Dad needed and lifestyle he wanted, and Dad was still able to realize his dream of paying for my son’s college education and my niece’s wedding.
Anthony M, Jr., Milton on his father, Anthony Sr.
For the latest information regarding long-term care and disability planning, please visit our Planning Resource Center for presentations, newsletters and informative audio and video on this and other planning related topics.