Charitable Planning Services
Our attorneys provide advice on charitable giving which results in tax benefits to our clients and the gift benefit to the charity. In addition to our counsel, our services include the following:
- Assist in applying for and obtaining eligibility in Community and Long-Term Care government assistance programs, including Medicaid (“MassHealth”). MassHealth is a joint federal and state public benefits program which has a complex set of eligibility rules.
- Establishment of private foundations;
- Creation of public charities; and
- Establishment of irrevocable trusts, such as charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts and wholly charitable trusts.
Our charitable planning is designed to accomplish our clients’ charitable goals by assisting them in carrying out their charitable intent, saving estate and income taxes, and providing for heirs. We advise our clients on the best plan that will meet their charitable goals and we assist with its implementation.
To speak to one of our knowledgeable and experienced charitable planning attorneys, please click here.
Philanthropic Advisory Services
Cody, Cody & McCarthy provides the human touch and expertise to make sure you get the most from our service, your foundation and your philanthropy. We provide assistance to help you achieve your mission, establish an enduring legacy for you and your family, and make a difference to the charitable causes that are important to you. From initial implementation to ongoing support to our philanthropic advisory services, Cody, Cody & McCarthy prides itself on rapid, accurate responses to your needs, working with you each step of the way.
- Create Legal Entity
- Register with State Attorney General
- File Form 1023 with Internal Revenue Service to Establish Non-Profit Status
- Dedicated Attorney Advisory Service
- Administration & Compliance
- Research & Issue Resolution
- Organizational Planning
- Advanced Grant Making
- Program Management
To speak with one of our knowledgeable and experienced charitable and philanthropic experts, please click here.
Stephen and Jennifer’s Story
We believe in giving back. The team at Cody, Cody & McCarthy have made it even easier for our family to make a difference.
We’ve been fortunate over the past few decades to be blessed with success and want to help others by giving back. Mike and Jamie and their team have helped us put together a plan that minimizes taxes and maximizes our contributions to the charities that mean the most to us.
Stephen and Jennifer T*, Cohasset, on charity and giving back
For the latest information regarding charitable and philanthropic planning, please visit our Planning Resource Center for presentations, newsletters and informative audio and video on this and other planning related topics.