Michael T. Cody , Esq., CPA
Founding Partner, Certified Public Accountant
Michael Cody has practiced in the field of estate planning since 1987. He began his career as a Certified Public Accountant with KPMG Peat Marwick in its tax department. Before founding the firm of Cody & Cody in 1997, Michael also gained experience in the Law Department of Phoenix Home Life Mutual Insurance Company and with the estate planning law firm of Drew, Mersereau & Knierim.
Attorney Cody focuses his practice in the areas of wealth transfer and wealth preservation, including general and advanced estate planning, retirement planning, asset protection planning, elder law and taxation. Attorney Cody often writes articles on a variety of topics relating to estate and tax planning and has been published in Trusts and Estates Magazine and other publications.
Professional Activities and Accomplishments
Attorney Cody frequently speaks to local and national audiences on various estate planning topics. Past presentations include those made to Charles Schwab & Co., Fidelity Investments, Merrill Lynch and Bristol County Estate Planning Council. Attorney Cody has also made several appearances on the talk radio program, Money Matters.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Massachusetts Advisors Forum
- WealthCounsel Estate Planning Organization
- WealthCounsel Advisors Forum
- Massachusetts Bar
- University of Connecticut School of Law| Juris Doctorate
- College of the Holy Cross | Bachelor of Arts, Economics/Accounting